Collective Action Strategies, LLC (CAS) is seeking an academic intern for social media, to engage NM women and men on social media platforms and radio. Tasks will include: initiating conversations on social media accounts — including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr and Instagram — as well as assisting on Women’s Health Today, a radio show on the NM NPR affiliate, assisting with an electronic newsletter and providing general support. The intern will work closely with the President of CAS and host/producer of the radio show.
Selection will be competitive. The internship is unpaid. Student must receive course credit for the internship and must produce proof of such credit.
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
• Must have a passion for social justice and women’s issues.
• Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
• Must be comfortable working in an environment where creativity is encouraged.
• Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
• Avid users of social media (primarily Facebook and Twitter).
• Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
• Experience using graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.
To apply: Send your resume and a one page writing sample to:
Giovanna [at] collectiveactionstrategies.com by January 16th, 2013.