When: November 30, 2011 7:00-8:30pm
Where: Dane Smith Hall Room 125, University of New Mexico Campus
Contact: Giovanna Rossi, 505-620-6030 or Rebecca Vanucci, 215-820-3673
Judy Norsigian, founder and Executive Director of Our Bodies, Ourselves, will talk about the legacy of women’s health. In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the first edition of Our Bodies, Ourselves, Judy Norsigian will discuss the new edition of the book as well as the status of women’s health today.
Event is sponsored by:
· Gender Impacts Policy, a project of the Center of SW Culture
· Women Studies Department at the University of New Mexico
· Women’s Resource Center at the University of New Mexico
This event is FREE and open to the public.
Light refreshments will be served.
Parking on the University of New Mexico campus is free after 6PM and parking is available near Dane Smith Hall off of Las Lomas Blvd.
· There have been over 4 million copies of Our Bodies, Ourselves sold all over the world since the first publication.
· The book covers topics ranging from safer sex, sexual health, gender identity, birth control, activism, the health care system, as well as many more.